Hybrid Grid Tie
Overview of Hybrid Grid-tie with Batteries
- You use the solar energy to charge batteries and for household loads and only draw on the grid as needed
- Provides more independence from the grid – system can provide power for household during grid failures
What You Can Expect from a Hybrid Grid-tie with Batteries System
- Cost will vary depending on the system size, but a 5kW system will typically cost about $28,000
- You will be able to run emergency loads during grid failures for about 1 day on the batteries alone and longer if the weather is sunny.
- At current prices for electricity, you will offset about $1000 per year; as the price of electricity increases, you save more!